The JOOLA Inside 15 table tennis table is an indoor regulation table with a 5/8 inch wood composite built top, 1.5-inch steel diameter legs and a powder coated undercarriage to prevent rust. It’s a cheap table designed for those just getting into table tennis, but at the same time, a great table.
A regulation table is going to cost $1500 or more. You probably don’t want to spend that much money, which is why the JOOLA Inside is a great alternative, especially if you’re purchasing a table for your kids or simple recreational fun.
- Dimensions – 9 ft x 5 ft
- Assembly time – 10 – 20 minutes
- Surface thickness – 5/8″ (15mm)
- Weight – 137lbs
- Price – $$ (Check the latest price on Amazon)
- Our rating – 9.7/10
JOOLA Inside Overview
The JOOLA Inside is one of the best selling tables of all time. Since it’s release it’s gathered thousands of five-star reviews on Amazon and is hugely popular! As great as it is, it pays to check out the competition though, check out what we think is the best table tennis table here.
5/8″ Table surface thickness
The JOOLA Inside 15 has a 5/8 inch (15mm) table surface thickness which is pretty standard for ping pong tables in this price range. Whilst 5/8″ is too thin to be ITTF approved this table was designed for beginners and recreational players and not for the professionals or serious players to use.
If you’ve been researching about how to choose a table tennis table you’ll know that the thicker the table’s surface thickness the better bounce the ball will get. If you did want to get a bigger bounce the JOOLA Inside also comes in two thicker sizes:
These two models are a bit more expensive though but we always recommend getting the thickest table you can afford.
Splits into two independent table halves
The JOOLA Inside conveniently splits into two separate halves which has a number of benefits. The first is that you can put it into personal playback position allowing you to practice on your own without needing a partner.
It also means that it makes moving the table around a lot easier. Table tennis tables can be pretty heavy and hard to transport around so having it split in two makes it a lot more portable. Each half of the table has four 3″ caster wheels that that lock for safety. When both halves are folded up it can pack down to storage dimensions of 21½ x 61¾ inches making it ideal for the home. Once folded up the spring-loaded safety latch system on the bottom of the table keeps it in place and prevents it from unfolding unintentionally.
Strong and durable undercarriage
The two halves of the JOOLA Inside each have a strong undercarriage. Being incredibly easy to fold away. The YouTube video earlier in our review demonstrates how easy it is around 0:40 seconds through. The tables legs are 1.5-inch thick giving the table a very sturdy feel. At the bottom of each leg are adjustable levellers to ensure that the table is completely level. They also have rubber ends to prevent any scratches to your floor.
Very fast assembly time
Hopefully, you haven’t ever had to experience the pain of putting together a table tennis table that requires multiple people and 5-6 hours of hard labor. If you haven’t you’re lucky, and the JOOLA Inside will prevent that pain from ever coming true. It comes 95% preassembled and it can be very quickly put together. It should take around 15 minutes from opening the box to hitting your first serve.
Not the greatest net and posts
There are many things to love about the JOOLA inside, but the net might not be one of them. Some people have reported the clamps which keep the net on becoming loose easily.
But rest assured the net is probably the cheapest and easiest ping pong accessory to fix. Take a look on Amazon for a multitude of ping pong table nets.
JOOLA The Brand
If you know table tennis, then you know JOOLA. They are almost synonymous with table tennis. They have been manufacturing tables and rackets for decades, meaning they have the experience and the knowledge to make a great ping pong table.
Their long history also means they know how to deal with customers. Any long-standing company always has a great return policy, and JOOLA is no different. While you probably won’t have an issue, things do happen, and should things go wrong JOOLA will have your back.
Pros of the JOOLA Inside
- So easy to assemble – It comes mostly pre-assembled and will only take 15 minutes to set up
- Splits into two halves – The table can be separated into two free-standing tables for personal playback mode or for easy storage
- Strong steel undercarriage – 1.5-inch steel diameter legs for extra support and stability and a powder coated chassis to prevent rust
- Corner protectors included – The frame has corner protectors to keep it safe from knocks
- Safe – Dual safety locking mechanism for extra safety when folded up
- Height adjusters – 1.25″ leg levellers so ensure an even playing surface
- Lightweight – The table only weighs 140 lbs. Compared to other tables, this is quite light
- Eight 3″ wheels for easy mobility – Each half has four wheels to make the table very portable. They then lock into place for extra stability
- Very popular – Currently Amazon’s best selling table tennis table
- Satisfaction guarantee – 100% satisfaction guarantee if you’re not happy
- Not the greatest surface – Only a 5/8 inch top on the standard model (fine for recreational use but if you’re taking your game more seriously we’d recommend getting at least 3/4″ table top)
- Indoor table only – Should not be used in high heat, high humidity area
- Net and posts not great – Not the greatest net and posts set we’ve seen
- No manufacturer warranty – But they do have a satisfaction guarantee and most reviewers have reported a good response from JOOLA
Why you might not want this table
If you are a serious table tennis player or expect the table to be tournament quality, this table is not for you. This table does not produce a bounce like a regulation tournament table and does not have the same quality.
This table was designed to provide a quality table at an affordable rate which means the table’s materials and quality has been reduced to appeal to a lower price bracket, which is understandable as not everyone wants a $1500 table.
Other tables like the JOOLA Inside
The Inside is a superb table and won’t break the bank, but there are lots of other good tables too. Its main rival is the STIGA Advantage which is a similar price and is also getting rave reviews from customers. To read more about it check out our STIGA Advantage review here.
To sum up, we think that the JOOLA Inside ping pong table is a great choice if you’re looking for a cheap and affordable table to use at home. It’s not meant for professionals or serious players so it doesn’t have the best surface thickness, but considering the price, we think it’s one of the best options on the market today.
If you aren’t looking to spend a thousand dollars on a table but you are interested in a decent table for your kids that won’t empty the wallet and will last a lifetime, this table could be a very good option.